Stahlcar Subaru USB Diagnostic tool instructions
For Subarus built from 1999 until 2009
Software Download: Here (8MB)
Drivers for Windows(all versions): Download (1MB)
Setup of the Subaru USB tool is quick and easy. Most cases it's as simple as installing the software, connecting the tool and you're away.
If you are having trouble still, it's most likely a com port issue which you can solve by following the instructions below
1. Make sure the software is installed properly. Plug in the usb scanner to the computer. The computer should recognise the drivers. If not, the please install the drivers supplied in the download by running setup.exe
2. Identify the COM-Port associated to the device in the Device Manager.
- You need Go to Control Panel--> system --> Device manager -->Ports(Com&LPT) --> USB serial port(com?), to find out which com number you are using. For ease of use be between 1-5.
- If you need to change it(don't do this unless it doesn't work the first time). Right click> properties> port settings> advanced> com port number - change to someting 1-5
3. Connect your Cable to the 16pin plug in your vehicle.
- The Diagnostic plug is normally located under the drivers dash
4. Turn your vehicle ignition on.
- It may not be required to have your vehicle running, but for first time setup, we suggest this.
5. Open the software and connect to the interface by selecting the COM-Port associated to the device in the programmes settings.
6. Connect to your vehicle, trouble codes and real-time data should now be available to you.
If it's still not working:
- The most common problem is that the incorrect port setting is selected in the programme settings
If it still cannot connect to the ECU please check all the fuses around your car as this can lead to errors between the plug and your cars ECU.